Well. I blinked and 2012 was over. Did the same thing happen for you? A lot happened this year and December went out with a shock. Reflecting back, bullet points are best, that way you can skim them. I’ll end with news of a new release.
1. Published seven – 7 ! – books this year
2. My oldest son moved out on his own leaving me an empty nest. He finished his 2nd year of University
3. My youngest son, graduated college with 5 diplomas in the culinary and event management field
4. Was contracted by a 3rd publisher – way cool
5. Went to RWA in Anaheim and made some great connections
6. Completed my 2nd and last year as President of Passionate Ink
7. My parents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary and received a congratulatory message from The Queen, yes Queen Elizabeth.
8. Ran for RWA National Board position – I lost 😦
8. Reality check – my mom was diagnosed with cancer, very very sad news
9. Went to see War Horse (the play) with my mom, even though I was too afraid I’d cry, I went anyway. I cried.
11. My first trade paperback was released at Romanticon – Canadian Connections with my story Hot Fusion
12. Had a very grown up and no words can express how sad event in December when my mom died sudden and shockingly.
What did I learn this year? That almost anything can happen. The sky is the limit. If you put your mind to it, you can do just about anything. That life goes on regardless of how distressing events can be. To be strong. To be loyal. To treasure those you love.
As we move in to 2013, it starts off for me with some excitement. On January 4, my 5th story with Ellora’s Cave will be released. Plus One.
A girls’ night out for a pole dance workshop at her friend’s upscale sex club takes a wild turn for normally timid Karen. She knew what to expect, but not how far she’d be willing to go.
Rob comes to Desire After Dark as a plus one. His only expectation is visual stimulation, not participation. But that soon changes when he spots the buttoned-up-to-there beauty hanging around on the sidelines.
Thrown together, Karen and Rob find the sexual heat between them undeniable. Surrounded by twosomes and moresomes, they step on an unexpected and steamy path. But when another joins in, they have a plus one of their own.
You can find me at: