Alright, you got me. A cherry a day doesn’t really keep me astray. I do that all on my own. But, hey, I love the phrase. So what’s a girl to do?
First off, I want to say that I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of 69 Shades of Smut with all these über talented authors. Smutting people up sounds like an excellent mission so here I am, preparing to take on the vanilla world with thirteen deliciously naughty people. I’m a very lucky woman.
You might be asking, Who is that Mia Ashlinn woman? Well…
- I am a Tennessee girl, and I’m disgustingly proud of that fact. As a native Tennessean, my blood does run orange. “Go Vols” orange to be precise. The song, Rocky Top, still has the power to get my heart pumping, my hands clapping, and my toes tapping. I can sing it word for word, backward and forward, upside down and inside out. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit but you get the idea.
- I am a sappy, hopeless romantic. Just ask my husband.
- I am a mother of one imaginative, artistic little girl who fills my life with vibrant colors—literally and figuratively. She is an aspiring writer and illustrator. Did I mention she hasn’t graduated from elementary school yet?
- I am a high strung, Type A personality with a flair for the dramatic. Or, if you would prefer, you can shorten that to a drama queen. (If the crown fits, wear it.)
- I am an obsessive freak when it comes to organizing things. I have a label-maker, and I know how to use it. But I cannot keep my house spic-and-span to save my life.
- I am an avid reader and a newbie writer.
- I am a creative cook, but I tend to burn the kitchen down on a monthly basis. So baking is more my style…and quite a bit safer!
- I am a wordy wench. As I am sure, you are rapidly figuring out.
You might also be asking, What exactly does this Mia person write? Well, I write about love. It is as simple as that. Only it isn’t really simple. But, then again, nothing in life is. I write about…
- People who are human. They are as real as they are relatable. My characters have flaws, and they have feelings. They have strengths, and they have weaknesses. They don’t always say the right thing or do the right thing. They experience anger, hurt, and embarrassment. Just as, they experience joy and laughter. It is all a part of who and what they are.
- Love that is messy. It is imperfect, and it is complicated. And, damn it, sometimes love is just plain hard. People rarely meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after. It sounds good, but it just doesn’t seem to happen that way. There are bumps in the road, but true love can withstand anything. It can weather the storm or, in some cases, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and tsunamis. But, in the aftermath, love is still standing strong. That is the kind of love I hold sacred. That is the kind of love I want to experience in a story, whether I am writing it or reading it.
- Sex. Sex. And did I mention sex? The characters crave hot and kinky sex and, sometimes, they hunger for dirty and gritty sex. Other times, they want it hard and fast or slow and sweet. I give them what they want…and they give me what I want – scorching love scenes that leave my blood pumping, my heart pounding, and my skin sweating.
- Oh…and I write about men who are excellent at sharing – often each other and always their women.
So that long-winded blog is me in a nutshell. My book, Destined to be Three, is available now at Siren Bookstrand. It is the first book in the Sweet Serenity series which is published by Siren. The second book, Shannon’s Fairy-tale Foursome, is scheduled to release on Friday, July 13th (dum-da-dum), and I am working on the third installment which is tentatively titled, Three to Fly.
If you want to get to know me better or learn about my books, check out my website at www.miaashlinn.com, my Siren Author Page, or my personal blog , I’ve Got 69 Problems But A Kink Ain’t One. Feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com, friend me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter. I love to chat!
Don’t forget, leave a comment for your chance to win one of fourteen books being given away by our authors. If your name is chosen, you’ll get your choice of an ebook from one author’s book list. Every comment you leave from now through midnight, PST, June 2 is another entry into the contest, so please come back again. Thank you!